Community support is vital to Samaritan House. We welcome faith-based groups, club groups, service groups, and just groups of friends. Please contact us to talk about a custom designed opportunity for your group.
Days and times are flexible and depend on the project.
- Vegetable Garden Installation – Create and plant a vegetable garden at our downtown San Mateo Site. There are two plots available; each installation would require 10-15 volunteers. Volunteer groups will cover materials costs.
- Cook a BBQ or meal and serve our clients at Safe Harbor Shelter – our 100-bed homeless shelter in South San Francisco. 5-15 volunteers with all participants being 18 years or older. Volunteer groups provide the food and organize some entertainment. Weekends only.
One-Day Service for Groups of 10 or fewer
Service will be during Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, and the shifts will last 3 hours.
- Food Preparation in our kitchen – Help us prepare the 500+ hot meals we serve daily.
- Pantry service – Pack bags and distribute groceries to our clients.
- Kids Closet – Help sort clothes and stock our free children’s clothing store.
Run a donation drive
- Samaritan House needs donations for our clients and families. Collect diapers, children’s clothing and shoes, toiletries, food and many more much needed items. It’s easy to set up and we can provide helpful instructions and collateral materials to assist you. Get more info